The next KCALL member meeting will be held Wednesday, October 18 at Shook, Hardy & Bacon. We’ll be joined by our special guest, Kaite Stover, Reader Services Librarian at KCPL. Kaite will lead us in discussion of this year’s Big Read book, The Things They Carried by Tim O’Brien. To learn more about this title, visit KCPL’ s website. Check out KCPT’s airing schedule of Ken Burns and Lynn Novik new documentary series, The Vietnam War.
Lunch at the meeting will be catered by The Mixx. The member co-pay is $5. Please RSVP Allison at: areeve @ littler.com. The menu will include salads and sandwiches with vegetarian options. Drinks and dessert will be provided by our hosts.
KCALL is supporting an in-kind donation campaign for our friends at reStart. At each 2017 member meeting we will collect items needed to support their facilities and those they serve. Please see the attached list of General Needs and the Priority Needs List online (http://restartinc.org/get-involved/needs-list/). Allison Reeve will collect items throughout the year. Jerri Campbell will be helping Allison with donations at the October meeting.
Location and Parking:
Shook, Hardy & Bacon is located at 2555 Grand Blvd, Kansas City, MO 64108. Complimentary parking is available on the north side of the parking garage at 2555 Grand Boulevard.
- Upon entering the parking garage, please take a ticket from the pay station.
- Park in any space that is NOT marked “Reserved.”
- Take the elevators to the “L” level of the parking garage. (Elevators are located in the southwest corner of each
- Take the walkway/tunnel to the double doors.
- Please stop at our guest table inside the lobby of the building and remember your parking ticket for validation.